When it comes to small business marketing, a lot of focus is...
For most companies, the website is the core foundation for almost everything that happens in digital marketing. That’s because, ultimately, many digital initiatives wind up driving audiences to the organization’s site. And if that web presence isn’t very good or effective – it doesn’t matter how great a campaign is – the initiative will likely fail.
That’s one reason it’s critically important that websites should be owned and managed by the marketing team. While companies may hire outside agencies to redesign their company websites or they try to do it internally with existing design and IT resources, marketing teams need to grasp the core principles of a great customer UX. At Marketing Nice Guys, we cover 7 aspects of website design and development that a marketing team needs to know and care about as it optimizes the experience:
- Visual Design
- Mobile Experience
Our PATIO Framework for Website Design and Development
Want to get more a more customized or intensive focus on website design and development? We have developed our proprietary PATIO framework that outlines all the core elements of website design from planning and strategy to optimization:
- Planning & Strategy (for Redesigns): Develop the strategy for the site, which includes utilizing persona research, incorporating website goal(s), planning for technology integrations (CMS with the CRM/AMS/MAS/analytics platforms), and outlining resources based on budget.
- Approach: Based on the strategy, develop the approach, which includes choosing choosing the right templates and look and feel, selecting the right technology, setting the right tone through copy and imagery (based on capacity, brand, and budget), and building in SEO.
- Tools & Tactics: Tips and tricks to analyze whether you have the right content management system (CMS) for your needs, and discussing what other tools, bots, and A/B testing platforms are helpful.
- Implementation: How to build in the seven core UX areas into your implementation. Also, includes understanding website best-practice workflows, publishing, scheduling, and management.
- Optimization: We’ll cover using analytics, data, marketing attribution, and A/B testing software programs to continually improve performance. Also includes a few tips and tricks to maximize user behavior toward conversion.
At Marketing Nice Guys, we walk through the essence of good website design and development practices in our two-day training, including the tips and tricks for how to create an effective web presence. Contact us to learn more.
We often get asked: What does it take to be really good at...
The other day, we were thinking about our most successful...