In the class I teach at Georgetown, we often talk about how...
Most marketing departments understand the importance of measuring and analyzing key results, particularly from campaigns. But the art of what and how to measure and report based on end goals may not always be clear in some functions. Because many departments leave their reporting to analysts trained in Google Analytics or pulling reporting from various platforms, there can be disconnects between what measurements are helpful to track and which are simply vanity metrics that get reported on but have little actionable value.
It’s nice to say “we track everything,” but in reality, few decision makers have the ability or the time to go through all the reporting that could be put together. At Marketing Nice Guys, our training focuses on helping you define the metrics that matter based on overall goals, enabling you to understand what’s working. We’ll provide the critical how-tos, whether it’s setting up and pulling reports from Google Analytics or how to use data visualization.
Our PATIO Framework for Digital Analytics and KPIs
Want to get more a more customized or intensive focus on digital analytics and KPIs? We have developed our proprietary PATIO framework that outlines all the core elements from planning and strategy to optimization:
- Planning & Strategy: We help you set an analytics plan, including defining overall marketing goals and campaign goals based on the desired buyer behavior. We also help identify the key KPIs based on the goal. (We provide departments with a free KPI cheat sheet for 10 marketing areas.)
- Approach: Based on the goal, we show you how to implement marketing attribution consistently, as well as reporting frequency and delivery based on the available tools and resources.
- Tools & Tactics: We walk through the basics of the Google analytics platform, and pulling key data from social platforms, marketing automation systems, video platforms, and CRMs.
- Implementation: We provide the basic how-tos in this area: setting up and managing Google Analytics and social reporting platforms, implementing tracking pixels, and data visualization.
- Optimization: In this area, we will discuss what actions to take from data, depending on the marketing area. We will also cover the warning signs for some KPIs and how to address poor performance.
At Marketing Nice Guys, we walk through the essence of digital analytics and KPIs, and provide how-tos on setting up and implementing Google Analytics and other tools effectively in our two-day training. Contact us to learn more.