People start businesses for all kinds of reasons – maybe it’s a longtime dream or the lure of a big payoff. Maybe it’s market opportunity that no one else has come across yet, or even the freedom to be your own boss. For us, we can honestly say that we were motivated by the idea that we could help businesses and individuals excel in digital marketing. It’s our mission and it’s what we truly believe. Our feeling was, if we focused on just that, and delivered on the results, then the pay and compensation would inevitably come.
We also promised ourselves one thing along the way – we would always do it our way and be true to who we were.
That means no gimmicks, no slick or deceptive marketing claims, such as dangling of huge returns “if you take our course” or if you “use our method” that are for the most part, disingenuous at best – and probably, for many of those – closer to bordering on outright fraud.
We get that such claims work to grab an audience’s attention and we’ve seen lots of marketers pull in unsuspecting businesses and individuals as a result. And while we could use such devices for our own purposes, we don’t. Because it doesn’t represent our firm and what we try to do every day. In fact, we cringe every time we see or hear one of those click-bait ads that inevitably hawk some bold, but false, promise.
In the end, maybe we end up leaving money on the table because of it. But we certainly know we don’t want to end the day thinking we have to take a shower for selling someone something that we feel won’t or can’t help them. Even in the short period of the existence of our firm, we’ve already turned down people due to the fact that we felt we couldn’t deliver on what they sought out, as it was unrealistic or not in line the services we could reasonably provide.
Our Philosophy and Approach
That doesn’t mean we don’t try to sell the expertise of our firm. We do. But we try to do it in a different way. We try to provide helpful content that demonstrates our value, and our way of thinking, specifically that we think details matter when it comes to marketing. For example, when you hire us, we’ll work with you to dig into the specifics of your business, your audience, and help you execute on the little things that drive your marketing success. It also means that, when it comes to implementation, we’re constantly trying to perfect that great brand tag line, that subject line or headline on an email, the language on the call-to-action button, and even the adjust the copy on the alt tag of a photo because we know it all matters. After all, our core belief is that, as a marketer, you won’t be good at what you do, unless you pay attention to the little things that, together, add up to drive a successful marketing effort.
What We Believe About Marketing
There’s no magic bullet to marketing. People that claim upfront they’ll drive your revenue or results by a multiplier of 10x are likely lying to you. Why? Because most successful marketing initiatives are a combination of complex factors all at play at the same time, including:
- The strength of the product or service
- The industry (B2B or B2C)
- The length of the buyer journey
- The existing brand identity and awareness of the company
- The quality of the messaging/copy and any content
- The use of compelling images and video
- The audience targeting and focus
- The campaign promotion and distribution channels chosen
- The landing page and conversion/ecommerce experience
- The timing of the campaigns
- The quality of your sales team (if B2B)
- The budgets you set
- The goal horizon of your CEO or leadership
- The data you collect and the analysis you do on the data
- The optimizations you chose to make or not make
- And of course, the execution of all the little things that matter along the way to encourage people to take the next step toward purchase.
Throw in a little luck – for example, getting in front of the right people who can persuade others to buy at the right time – and those are the big elements of a successful marketing effort. If you think about it, any one of those that isn’t aligned can screw up your results. So, it’s important to hire a firm that won’t just give you a blanket statement of claims upfront, but one that will dig into your business (or you as an individual), help you understand what’s going on, and create a customized but balanced approach for your unique needs. Obviously, there are marketing fundamentals, but just saying you know something and actually executing on them are two different things. And we, at Marketing Nice Guys, can certainly appreciate the difference. We hope you can recognize it too.
What We Promise to You
Whether you’re a business that hires us to run your marketing, or an individual who takes one of our courses, we will promise a few things:
- We’ll create a customized approach that fits your needs as a business or individual.
- We’ll always give you a full-funnel view of your marketing. That means helping your business or you as an individual succeed at all levels of marketing – from awareness, to acquisition, to conversion and advocacy.
- We’ll provide a 360-degree view of all your marketing efforts. It doesn’t matter what channel you hire us for or what course you’re taking, we’ll help you see the bigger picture – how your email marketing connects with your content plan, how your paid media strategy with gels with your landing pages, and how your social efforts complement your SEO and e-commerce. We’ll also provide you a way to think about all the aspects of your marketing operations – everything from strategy and approach to tactical implementation and optimization.
- We’ll pay attention to the little details that matter. Every great initiative involves successful implementation of the little things that drive people down the funnel toward conversion or purchase.
- We’ll tell it to you straight, good news or bad news. If the news is good, we’ll focus on optimization and see if we can make it even better. If it’s bad, we’ll tell you how to fix it or how we’ll do it for you.
- We’ll be Nice Guys. It’s in our name after all! We treat all our clients and customers with the utmost respect and we’ll bend over backwards to help them excel at marketing. Because ultimately, we want our customers to succeed.
We hope that tells you a little bit more about us. And we hope this makes you want to learn more about all the marketing services we provide. Regardless of the solution or agency you eventually choose, we’re glad you visited with us, and always will wish you the best in all your marketing endeavors.