We often get a lot of questions that revolve around if and...
Each year, Baymard Institute ranks the top e-commerce sites based on the user experience. And every year, the top 10 are relatively consistent. What makes them great? The best e-commerce sites personalize the experience for their site visitors, making them feel comfortable the site knows who they are and where they are in the purchase process. Furthermore, the top sites make searching easy, and also do subtle things to reinforce the sense of safety and ease around purchases.
At Marketing Nice Guys, we walk through the best practices in 6 core areas of e-commerce, including:
- Best-practice home page, category pages, and navigation
- Ideal search experiences, including filtering and product lists
- Effective product pages, including recommended add-ons
- Efficient cart and checkout flow
- Strategies for abandoned carts
- Post-purchase/loyalty: follow-up messaging, order status
Our PATIO Framework for E-Commerce
Want to get more a more customized or intensive focus on e-commerce? We have developed our proprietary PATIO framework that outlines all the core elements from planning and strategy to optimization:
- Planning & Strategy: We help you develop plans to redesign your e-commerce experience, including using audience research, identifying conversion goals, and areas of improvement.
- Approach: Based on the plan, we consider the design, UX, and immediate-term opportunities based on impact purchase-funnel data. Also, we’ll discuss tips and tricks for structuring the home page and category pages.
- Tools & Tactics: We’ll cover various e-commerce platforms and what to look for from out-of-the-box requirements for search, product, cart/checkout experiences. Also, we’ll consider the role of marketing automation systems and CRMs in providing a great experience to users.
- Implementation: We’ll show you how-to develop effective product pages, calls- to-action placements and messaging, product visuals, pricing, and more.
- Optimization: We’ll discuss core KPIs to track: unique visitors, average revenue per order, total revenue, site conversion rate, and average revenue per visit, among others.
At Marketing Nice Guys, we walk through the essence of e-commerce best practices in our two-day training, focusing on 6 core areas to maximize revenue and conversion. Contact us to learn more.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a small business or a larger...
It might be that you haven’t paid attention recently to...