It’s hard to believe that 2021 is almost over. For many of...
Even at some large companies, there are marketing departments that often take what we might call the “Field of Dreams” approach to developing content: If they build it, they think people will come. But like any inbound marketing effort, content has to be relevant to audiences, it has to be “good,” and it has to be distributed in the right way to the right places.
At Marketing Nice Guys, we’ll walk you through data about what content types are effective and when to use them, as well as provide an approach for the 6 ways to make great content, using a framework based on the work of Wharton professor Jonah Berger called STEPPS:
- Social Currency
Our PATIO Framework for Content Marketing
Want to get more a more customized or intensive focus on content marketing? We have developed our proprietary PATIO framework that outlines all the core elements from planning and strategy to optimization:
- Planning & Strategy: We help you develop a content strategy using keyword and topic research, persona research, and and identifying the right content types based on budgeting and resources.
- Approach: We’ll focus on the content approach based on the strategy – what makes for a piece of good content specific to organizational need and type. We’ll also provide examples of scaling content efforts, and approaches for different parts of the buyer journey.
- Tools & Tactics: We cover the tips to identifying the right content management system and digital asset management system for your organization, as well as tactics for content repurposing and social sharing.
- Implementation: In this area, we focus on how to write good copy, adopting sensible workflows for editing and SEO, and paying attention to detail such as tracking links and content scheduling. We also provide a free content matrix scheduling tool.
- Optimization: We cover content performance, including data analysis, A/B testing, and where and when to use paid distribution. We also provide a few tricks for improving the page rank and visibility of content, and how to use data for future content development.
At Marketing Nice Guys, we walk through the essence of content marketing best practices in our two-day training, including understanding what makes a piece of content “good,” as well as the tips and tricks for distribution and promotion. Contact us to learn more.
One of the things that strikes us about some small...
At the conclusion of every class semester for the digital...